The world may feel as though it’s come to a halt, but that doesn’t mean you have to postpone your apartment search.
Thanks to today’s technology, it’s still possible to get a good feel for a potential apartment through a virtual tour.
How do you evaluate an apartment without seeing it in person? Here are the six things we’d recommend you look for:
- Appliances: During a remote tour, pay attention to the appliances included in the apartment. What does the kitchen offer? Do you see a washer and dryer in the unit?
- Furnishings: Whether the apartment you’re viewing is rented fully furnished or not, it’s helpful to see a residence already set up with furniture. It allows you to get a better feel for the space and its functionality. Observe how much furniture the apartment fits and how much wall space is available.
- Floor plan– Virtual tours also offer prospective tenants insight into the design of the apartment. Check to see if the floor plan is more traditional with formally defined spaces, or more of an open-concept apartment. Keep in mind that buildings often offer multiple floor plans with different layouts.
- Flooring: Through a remote tour, you’ll be able to gauge what type of flooring is throughout the apartment, which makes a huge impact on the property’s look and feel. While it may be difficult to distinguish the specific flooring materials, these details should be available online. Check to see if the flooring is consistent throughout each room.
- Amenities- Many apartment buildings offer virtual tours or videos of common facilities throughout the building. Be sure to take advantage of these digital resources to get a feel for all of the shared space that the apartment offers residents.
- Views: Use technology to scope out the views that the apartment you’re considering offers. Google Earth provides 360-degree street views so you can get a better feel for the area where the building is situated.
Select Buildings Offering Remote Tours
Wolf Point East– 313 Wolf Point Plaza- Situated right on the Chicago River in the bustling River North area, these luxury apartments offer residents unprecedented views and world-class amenities.
River City– 800 S Well Streets- This breathtaking high-rise is truly where the past meets the future. Designed in 1986, this iconic building recently underwent the largest deco version in Chicago’s history, completely modernizing the complex.
Norweta– 611 N Hermitage- With rental properties privately tucked away in Lincoln Park, and multiple units offering private entrances, this apartment development provides a unique take on city living. The residents have access to plenty of convenient shared amenities.
The Jax– 1200 W Jackson- Located in the trendy West Loop neighborhood, these apartments mix modern design with vibrant lifestyle features that integrate to create the optimal living experience. Residents can take advantage of nearby public transit and an array of contemporary amenities.
Logan – 2480 N Milwaukee- These brand new apartments bring luxury living to the heart of Logan Square. The ground floor hosts 62,000 square feet of retail space, anchored by a flagship Target. Residents can also enjoy brand new, modern amenities.
Upshore Chapter – 4555 North Sheridan Road – This new building offers beautifully designed apartments and thoughtfully curated amenity spaces including a coffee bar and lounge, a rooftop terrace with unparalleled views of the lake and skyline, and a modern fitness center.
Seven 10 West – 710 West Grand Avenue – This boutique apartment building featuring progressive amenities for today’s modern renter. The boutique building includes convertible, one, and spacious two-bedroom floor plans. With stunning city views, the rooftop deck features an indoor/outdoor fire pit, gas grills, and an outdoor TV. The resident lounge with a demonstration kitchen provides space to entertain and relax.
While remote tours are an excellent way to familiarize yourself with potential apartments, don’t forget about other resources that are currently still available.
Even if you don’t have the opportunity to view an apartment in-person, the building’s website or an experienced broker can always provide more important property details. Come take a remote tour with the Luxury Living team to find your dream apartment today!