Living in close proximity to others has its benefits, but it may also present its own set of challenges.
The biggest frustration for many apartment dwellers stems from sharing a wall with other residents. Too often, tenants find bedtime disrupted by outside noises- babies crying, dogs barking, cars driving by.
While apartments are loud at times, there are remedies to help deal with the noises.
Here a few hacks to help minimize annoyances from noisy neighbors for a better night’s rest:
- Earplugs– Investing in earplugs is an affordable and simple trick to help block out external noises before bedtime.
- White noise machines– Not only are there plenty of white noise machines on the market, but there are also white noise apps you can download straight to your phone. White noise helps to drown out background noises so that you can fall asleep more quickly.
- Soundproofing blankets– While these sound absorbing blankets are commonly used in music studios, they’re also an effective and inexpensive home solution to noisy apartments.
- Mass-Loaded vinyl– If you have paper thin walls, this is another ideal material that is designed to insulate the impact of noise and reduce airborne noise. This material also helps improve thermal insulation during the cold seasons.
- Soundproofing paint– If the noise that’s bothering you isn’t too extreme, soundproofing paint may be all you need. This unique paint is extremely thick and when applied several times with several coats, can offer good insulation of low frequencies.
- Furniture– Empty spaces love to amplify noises. Therefore, filling your apartment with plush, upholstered furniture can help absorb sounds and discourage noise from reflecting back into the room.
While there are plenty of DIY solutions to reduce noises coming from outside your apartment, it’s much less of a hassle to find an apartment that is already built to block out external sounds.
If you’re on the hunt for an apartment, rest assured that many of the Luxury Living apartments are complete with amenities that encourage sound reduction.
While browsing options, consider the location of your potential unit. When you select top-floor or corner units, you eliminate shared walls and floors, thus minimizing external noises.
It’s also crucial to find an apartment constructed with high-quality flooring and walls. Well-insulated walls and floors directly impact the quality of sound control within your apartment.
You may also find apartments built with dampening wall panels and ceilings tiles to further reduce noises from neighbors.
While apartments are loud, they don’t need to jeopardize your sleep or living experience. Connect with an experienced broker to find a luxury apartment built with your sleep and peace in mind.