Restaurants in South Loop are forever growing and expanding. If you are looking for excellent menus, mouthwatering dishes, and unforgettable experiences, the Luxury Living team has collected our top South Loop, Chicago restaurants.
Popular Restaurants in South Loop
Looking for the locals’ favorite restaurants in South Loop, Chicago? Check out these tasty spots:
- Mercat a La Planxa – This creative Catalan-inspired tapas restaurant is a neighborhood favorite. Located on Michigan Avenue overlooking Grant Park, Mercat offers an authentic dining experience that blends fresh meats and produce with the spirit of Barcelona. From street food-styled starters to full meal-sized classics, each dish leaves the diners wanting more.
- Acadia– Check out this two Michelin starred contemporary cuisine inspired by coastal Maine serving up seasonal New American dishes. The dining room’s rich earth tones and modest furnishings give an airy upscale feel. Enjoy the full tasting menu or opt for a smaller a la carte menu at the bar.
- Chicago Firehouse – Rebuilt after a devastating fire, this past Chicago firehouse is now a stylish traditional American eatery. The interior decor matches its upscale classic menu and full bar including cocktails, punch bowls, and a wide wine list. Stop in for dinner in this historic building.
- Chicago Oyster House– Looking for a meal with fresh surf and prime turf? Chicago Oyster House offers more than 60 oysters sections from East and West Coast, sushi, king crab legs, and steaks. The freshly caught fish mixed with sauces and seasonings made in-house offer the best in today’s seafood fare.
- Victory Tap – Sometimes we all just want a nostalgic Italian American dish like Chicken Vesuvio and homemade lasagna. Well, this cozy Italian spot is always serving hearty classics amid the upscale tavern environment. Stop in for an appetizer at the huge wooden carved bar, or stay for a full meal; you will not be disappointed.
Great Spots for Lunch
Next time you’re looking to take a nice break from work or to treat yourself on the weekend, be sure to grab lunch at these classic restaurants:
- Eleven City Diner – Walk over to Eleven City Diner for the traditional old school diner setting and generously portioned dishes. Enjoy the patty melts, sandwiches piled with pastrami, knishes, and latkes. This old school diner also serves up breakfast all day.
- Lou Malnati’s – This pizzeria was instrumental in developing the recipe for Chicago-style pizza and has become one of the Chicago area’s best-known pizza restaurants. Try the Chicago-style deep dish or order the thin crust pizza; it’s legendary.
- Burger Bar – It’s all about the burgers and craft beers! The handcrafted burgers, fresh cut fries, and hand spun milkshakes keep locals coming back for more. And for the true hops fan, Burger Bar has a mug club that gives members exclusive beers, discounts, and invites to social events.
We highlighted a few unique restaurants along with the Chicago classics. Enjoy a tasty meal at one of these top South Loop, Chicago restaurants.