Building a Gallery Wall in Your Downtown Chicago Apartment
When renting a Chicago apartment you usually want to avoid painting for numerous reasons, though just because you’re not painting doesn’t mean you should be left looking at an uninspired wall.
A great way to work around this dilemma is by creating a gallery wall made up of your favorite pictures and paintings. Mix it up by adding different sized frames, contrasting colors, and various textures to give the wall a fun and creative element. A gallery wall can also be more budget friendly than one large piece of art, while achieving the same look and feel. Not to mention gallery walls are having a major moment right now, pick up your latest home and design magazine to see for yourself!
So say goodbye to that paint bucket or over-priced painting, and make that wall your very own work of art!
Here are a few tips for building a gallery wall in your downtown Chicago apartment:
• For a clean, modern look create a symmetrical gallery wall using all of the same frames.
• To create an eclectic yet curated look, work to mix in paintings with photographs, even mirrors and other mediums such as antlers or woven pieces.
• When creating your gallery wall build it from a centerline (either vertical or horizontal). Line up frames along this invisible line, and then work your way out.
• Have kids? A gallery wall is the perfect way to display children’s artwork in a whimsical yet sophisticated manner.
• You don’t have to sit and worship the television screen in your living room every night! Incorporate your flatscreen into a gallery wall to avoid a “technology eyesore”.
• Have an empty hallway or staircase? A gallery wall can add the perfect finishing touch to these often overlooked areas.
Luxury Living Chicago Realty Welcomes New Team Members
Luxury Living Chicago Realty is excited to announce the addition of two new team members. We welcome Michael Heimann and Tony Faltin to our company. […]
New Chicago Apartments: AMLI Lofts Chicago – 850 S Clark Street
Another major new Chicago apartment property has begun pre-leasing – AMLI Lofts Chicago (850 S Clark Street). The property is reserving new luxury apartments […]
Green Living Chicago Apartments: Five Tips for Eco-Living in the City
In honor of World Environment Day, our team wanted to share their tips for best in green living Chicago. Here they are in no […]
Leasing Begins at Riverview Terrace in Chicago’s Avondale Neighborhood
EDITORS NOTE: This post was written in June 2014. Luxury Living Chicago no longer handles the leasing for this property. Luxury Living Chicago Realty […]