The Ogden School District — Schooling Options in the Gold Coast Neighborhood
Gold Coast, Chicago makes a fantastic neighborhood for families. Not only does the historical community offer impeccable living options, but it also boasts excellent choices for schooling.
Students in the Gold Coast neighborhood have the option to attend the Ogden School District, also known as the Ogden International School of Chicago.
This Chicago school district’s mission is to engage a K-12 diverse student body with inquiry-based learning experiences fostering empathy, critical thinking and global mindfulness for the world of tomorrow. Ogden School district’s globally recognized IM programs provide concept-based, academic frameworks and student-centered learning by inquiry, grounded in global context and real-life situations.
Parents and students alike and appreciate a wide range of programs and offerings within the Ogden School District, including a counseling department, continuous improvement work plan, fine arts, hard of hearing program, IB philosophy, world languages, and Special Education.
Additionally, students can partake in a variety of athletics and other after-school clubs and activities. The district’s robotic team competes in the FIRST(For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) leagues to inspire some of our students to become science and technology leaders.
The Ogden School District offers three campuses throughout the Gold Coast neighborhood for different age groups:
- East Campus– 24 W. Walton St- This campus serves grades K-4.
- Jenner Campus– 1119 N Cleveland Ave.- This campus serves grades 5-8 and PreK.
- West Campus– 1250 W. Erie St.- This campus serves Grades 9-12.
If you are interested in the Ogden School District or looking for a place to call home in the area, consider a few of our favorite Gold Coast apartments:
- Aurelien– 833 N Clark Street- This contemporary building provides an urban and modern feel. These apartments offer a spacious hotel-inspired lobby, library, business center and conference room with meeting spaces, resort-like sundeck with outdoor pool, cabanas and grilling stations, social club with a gaming center, 2600 square foot health club, yoga studio and meditation lounges, and an expansive green roof with outdoor games and fire pit.
- The Sinclair– 1201 N LaSalle- This beautifully designed building provides a central location in the Gold Coast neighborhood, with a flagship Jewel grocery store anchored as the retail tenant for this building. Additionally, residents have direct access to cabanas, an outdoor pool and spa, outdoor dining, a resident lounge and demonstration kitchen, a business center with conference room, state-of-the-art screening TV, coffee bar, large dog run, and bike storage with workshop.
- Chestnut Tower- 121 W Chestnut- This apartment building sits right where Gold Coast meets River North. It offers the convenience of living in downtown Chicago with the charm of a quiet neighborhood. Unit amenities include a large private dog run, a stunning rooftop room and sun deck, a 24-hour cyber cafe, a 24-hour interactive fitness center, and much more.
Planning to move to Gold Coast? Contact one of our experienced brokers to view and find the apartment best suited for you and your family’s needs within the Ogden School District.
The Italian Restaurant Roundup in Gold Coast, Chicago
When living in the Gold Coast, you get instant access to endless things to do and see, including some of the area’s top cocktail […]
The New Resident’s Guide to the Old Town Chicago Neighborhood
Old Town is one of Chicago’s hottest area with endless dining, shopping, and entertainment options. This historic neighborhood is a classic Chicago landmark. We’ve […]
5 Best Apartments in River North
Living in River North means you get access to all the perks of downtown Chicago living. From trendy restaurants and upscale nightlife to plenty […]
The Best West Loop Apartment Buildings
West Loop is the perfect place to be when you’re looking for a blend of posh city living and a cozy neighborhood feel. This […]