5 Tips to Sublet A Downtown Chicago Apartment
If you are currently in a lease in one of Chicago’s luxury apartments and have been relocated, had a life-changing event, or just want to experience a new neighborhood, Luxury Living Chicago Realty can help you sublet your apartment. It’s important to call a licensed broker or real estate agent that can discuss the process. We’ll also go over the next steps to help you list the property, and find a new renter as quickly as possible.
Here are some tips to help you find a new subtenant as quickly as possible:
- Consult with a real estate agent and list with a broker to maximize the marketability of your sublet. You can reach Luxury Living Chicago Realty by calling (312) 698-3300.
- Clean the apartment and de-clutter to the best of your ability. Make sure the apartment shows well before taking photos or showing it to prospective tenants.
- Hire a photographer or take really nice pictures to help market your property effectively. Dark or blurry photos will result in your listing being overlooked.
- Appropriately price the sublet based on current market pricing and similar units in the building. I always want my sublet clients to price their apartment a little less than other apartments in the building. This is how we can maximize the number of showings and secure a new tenant over other vacant apartments.
- Put together a detailed lease agreement between you and the new renter. This ensures that you have a contract in place in case anything goes wrong during the remainder of the sublease. This is why it’s so important to hire the services of a real agent that can put together the correct paperwork using the latest 2015 CAR lease.
Subletting your apartment is never easy, but Luxury Living Chicago Realty works hard to help you find a new renter quickly. Our subleases are often filled days after the original tenant moves out, so your apartment isn’t sitting vacant.
Feel free to contact us today with any additional questions or more information about how to sublet your downtown Chicago apartment.
Learn more about our process for condo owners looking to list their Chicago condos by clicking the button below.
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in November 2015 and has been updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Search The Blog
10 Companies Headquartered in Chicago
Our Expert Apartment Finding Tips Will Answer Your Toughest Questions
How Do Chicago Apartment Finders Get Paid?
Follow Us on Social
YOUR INSIDE LOOK AT WHAT'S NEW ON IGView on Social
What It’s Like Living in Streeterville
Chicago residents who choose to live in Streeterville pick this location for a variety of reasons, with proximity to work and Lake Michigan likely […]
Should I Rent or Buy in Downtown Chicago?
Are you moving and wondering whether to rent or buy a downtown Chicago apartment? Our clients often ask us to walk them through the […]
Wicker Park Connection Reaches 75% Leased
After opening for move-ins this summer, Wicker Park Connection has surpassed 75% leased. This luxury Wicker Park building provides finishes and amenities in-line with […]
Check Out These Streeterville Condos
Living in Streeterville offers proximity to the city’s best shopping, fine dining, and of course- Lake Michigan. If you’re searching for new home, this […]