Halloween Edition: Horrifying Photos of Downtown Chicago Apartments
If there is one thing we know at Luxury Living Chicago Realty, it’s the importance of having really good photos to showcase our rental listings to prospective Chicago renters. There is a lot of competition out there and having beautiful photos of downtown Chicago apartments helps our apartments for rent stand out.
Listings with bad photos, or no photos, will likely be overlooked by people conducting an online search.
When Chicago landlords, investors or developers call us to rent their luxury Chicago apartments, one of the first things we will do to get a listing ready to go on the market is bring in our professional real estate photographer to snap photos of the available unit.
You won’t find any scary looking real estate photos on the Luxury Living Chicago website. However, in honor of Halloween 2014, we scoured Craigslist and snagged a few images of some truly horrifying photos of Chicago apartments for rent.
We’ve put a slideshow together for your viewing enjoyment down below!
Here are a few do’s and don’ts for taking great photos of luxury Chicago apartments for rent:
- De-clutter rooms. Remove any extraneous items from countertops, shelves, tables, etc. Hang up clothing and make beds.
- Have good lighting. Use as much natural lighting as possible by opening curtains and turning on lights.
- Shoot from the right angles. Choose the best angles to photograph rooms. The best way to capture a room is to take the photo from the doorway or corner.
- Use blurry or crooked pictures in a listing.
- Take photos with moving boxes or construction supplies in the middle of the room. Clean up the clutter.
- Use pictures that have been photobombed. Make sure fido or other random people stay clear of the shot.
Don’t be spooked when it comes to listing a downtown Chicago apartment for rent. Trust us to take excellent photos of your apartment rental.
Chicago Loop Apartments: New Attraction -The Virgin Hotel
Chicago’s first Virgin Hotel also has the notability of being the United States’ first Virgin Hotel. Opening in January, the hotel is located on […]
Multifamily Development: Apartments Across America Annual Conference
On October 23-24th 2014, Luxury Living Chicago attended the 15th annual Apartments Across America conference in our nation’s capital, Washington, DC, to discuss trends in multifamily development […]
How To Create a Strategy for Your Downtown Chicago Apartment Search
Luxury Living Chicago has been helping clients find luxury apartments in Chicago for many years. We are an established rental-focused brokerage and we know […]
The Three Most Expensive Downtown Chicago Apartments Right Now
While the average rental price for a downtown Chicago one bedroom apartment is around $1900 a month, there are some individuals who are willing […]