Things to Do in Downtown Chicago Over the Holidays
UPDATED FOR 2013!
So you just moved to Chicago (or maybe you’ve lived here a while) and you’re looking for fun things to do in Chicago over the holidays. The Luxury Chicago Apartment Update has decided to take a break from talking about the downtown Chicago apartment rental scene to bring you this fun post about all of the cool things to do in Chicago this winter.
- Snag tickets to the Nutcracker with the Joffrey Ballet. Chicago’s Joffrey Ballet performance is a holiday tradition in this city. Daily shows are 2 and 7 p.m. at the Auditorium Theatre, 50 East Congress Parkway. The show runs from December 6-28, 2013.
- Visit the Lincoln Park Zoo’s annual ZooLights event. The zoo decorates its grounds and trees with multi-colored lights and animal figures. ZooLights is free and is sponsored by ComEd. Activities include ice carving demonstrations, a Holiday Express Train and more. ZooLights runs through January 5, 2014. Admission is free.
- Have a holiday breakfast at The Shedd Aquarium, snap a photo with Santa and watch their spectacular A Holiday Fantasea aquatic show with dolphins, belugas and sea lions. Tickets are $49.95 for adults and $39.95 for children (ages 3-11), which includes a Total Experience Pass, breakfast, gift, private viewing of the 15-minute The Polar Express 4-D Experience, photo with Santa, and reserved seating for A Holiday Fantasea. Shedd members receive a $5 discount on tickets.
- Attend Navy Pier’s Winter WonderFest for a fun time that includes a Chicago Blackhawks indoor ice skating rink, rides and holiday entertainment. Tickets start at $13. The event runs through January 12, 2014.
- Skate under Chicago’s skyscrapers at Millennium Park. This outdoor skating rink is FREE and open daily through March. Skate rentals are available for $10. Afterwards dine at one of our favorite restaurants, Wildberry, in Lakeshore East.
Happy Holidays from the Luxury Living Chicago Realty Team!
Downtown Chicago Apartment Searching in December
December is always an interesting month to search for downtown Chicago apartments. It is getting colder and people are looking forward to the holidays. […]
AMLI River North Chicago: The Building Everybody is Talking About
Last week I had the privilege of taking an exclusive tour of the newest River North luxury apartments – AMLI River North. AMLI River North […]
Getting the Most Out of Your Downtown Chicago Condo Investment Property
As the managing broker and owner of Luxury Living Chicago, I consult condo owners and investors daily about prices, trends and market conditions. There […]
Chicago Apartment Search- Places Are Going Fast!
Did you catch the article in Sunday’s Chicago Tribune? It was right, smack on the front page of the Real Estate section – Apartment […]