Whether you call River West home or you’re planning an upcoming visit, be sure to grab a cup of joe in this urban Chicago neighborhood.
The Luxury Living team has compiled a list of some of our favorite cafes and shops serving the best coffee in River West.
7 Coffee Shops in the Area
- Big Shoulders Coffee– 1105 W Chicago Ave- Located right off the blue line, this low-key coffee shop offers a convenient location to enjoy some coffee or grab it to-go. Food and Wine recently ranked this shops’s coffee as the best in Illinois. The impressive menu features a wide selection of drinks, but we highly recommend you try their signature marshmallow latte.
- Cafe Blue Coffee– 811 W Chicago Ave- This laidback space proudly serves Limitless coffee and tea. Limitless beverages are known for being delicious and clean, completely free of GMOs. If you find yourself needing a tasty lunch afterward, grab a bite to eat at Jerk, the delicious Jamaican Barbeque spot attached to the cafe.
- Iguana Cafe– 517 N Halsted St- First founded in Sparta, Greece, in 1998, this European cafe made its way to Chicago in 2000. Now, River West residents and visitors alike can take advantage of this Mediterranean-inspired space over a cappuccino and crepe.
- Peet’s Coffee– 222 S Riverside Plaza- Right across the river, Peet’s offers another alternative for some delicious java. This popular coffee chain, with origins in San Francisco, has now become a popular Chicago choice boasting premium coffee. Peet’s high-quality beverages are a direct result of sourcing some of the best coffee beans and tea leaves in the world.
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters– 311 N Morgan St- With original roots in Los Angeles, this artistic coffee shop has now introduced its first Chicago location near River West. Attached to the Ace Hotel, this urban space offers a full espresso bar, drip coffee, brew-by the cup offerings, and cold brew. You can also enjoy liquid refreshments from Nessalla Kombucha and Spirit Tea.
- Standing Passenger– 1458 W Chicago St- Located less than a mile from River West in Noble Square, this nearby coffee joint provides a unique and creative space to sip some delicious Dark Matter coffee. Along with serving fantastically crafted coffee beverages, this shop also functions as a gallery featuring incredible artwork created by local artists.
Convenience to LLCR Apartments
Not only are these River West coffee shops extremely accessible from other Chicago neighborhoods, but they’re also conveniently located to incredible luxury apartment options within the area.
Discover Luxury Living’s current River West apartment listings that are within walking distance to some of the best coffee in River West. For additional questions or to schedule an apartment viewing, get in touch with one of our experienced brokers.