Relocating to Chicago? Access Our Chicago Relocation Guide
Relocating to Chicago? Follow these steps to ensure a smooth house hunt:
- Team up with a trusted expert. A licensed broker can help you navigate the moving process and help you find the area and apartment in Chicago that suits you the best. Luxury Living Chicago Realty has a team of experienced and knowledgeable brokers who can streamline your journey.
- Research a bit on your own. While brokers are an excellent resource and can answer many of your real estate questions, you can also get a better understanding of Chicago by doing some research even before you begin the move. Browse online to gain insight into Chicago neighborhoods, job opportunities, and more.
- Set your budget. Chicago apartments can drastically range in price. Figure out how much you have to spend on rent per month to help you narrow down your place.
- Know your non-negotiables. Make a list of what you absolutely need from your new apartment. It may be a particular location, amenities, or square footage. Then, note the ideal features that you would like from your house in the best-case scenario.
- Figure out moving logistics. If you’re relocating to Chicago, you’ll need to sort out what you’re bringing with you and how you’re transporting those items. You may need to rent a trailer or have items shipped beforehand.
- Decide on your car situation. Even if you currently have a car, it is worth weighing the pros and cons of owning one in a big city. Keep in mind a vehicle adds extra expenses and considerations, including parking, city stickers, and insurance. Also, don’t forget that Chicago offers a pretty impressive public transit system and remains a very walkable city.
- Embrace the move. Something is exhilarating about moving to a new city. Wherever you end up, be sure to explore your neighborhood and beyond. Chicago is full of attractions and activities that you don’t want to miss out on.
If you’re planning to relocate to Chicago, we’ve pulled together a list of some of our favorite buildings throughout the city.
Downtown Chicago Apartments For Rent
- Sentral Chicago – 808 S Michigan Ave – These South Loop luxury apartments offer the ultimate urban living and city convenience.
- 8 East Huron – 8 E Huron St – This boutique, amenity-driven apartment building is located in vibrant River North and emphasizes penthouse-style living.
- Three Old Town Park – 228 W Hill St – Located in the charming Old Town neighborhood, this 41-story building features expansive city views and a striking design.
- Mila Loop – 201 N Garland Ave – At the northeast corner of the Loop neighborhood, this property puts residents in the heart of downtown and offers premier living.
Still need to find the right Chicago apartment? Partner with Luxury Living Chicago to find your dream home here in the Windy City! We are here to provide support along every step of the way in your apartment hunting journey.
Searching for more information on relocating to Chicago? Follow the link below!
Ready to Move In the New Year? Check Out These New Apartments in Chicago for 2022
Are you planning on making your move in 2022? Here are some brand new Chicago apartments to check out this year. New Apartments in […]
Tips for Moving to Chicago Alone
Considering moving to Chicago? We have a few tips if you’re moving to the city alone. Check out these helpful ideas to help you […]
What are the 10 Fastest Growing Companies Headquartered in Chicago?
There are many reasons to move to Chicago, from the endless things to do and see to plenty of work opportunities, incredible dining options, […]
7 Social Groups in Chicago to Join If You Just Moved In
If you’re looking to make new friends or new connections, there are plenty of social groups in Chicago to join. Whether you’re interested in […]