How to Celebrate Valentine’s Day When Living Downtown Chicago
There are many ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day when living downtown Chicago, so we’ve rounded up 5 fun things to do for the holiday:
1. Get your feet moving with Ballroom Dance Chicago’s hour-long group salsa and rumba class. There are two sessions each night this weekend and on Tuesday. Tickets are $85 per couple and include complimentary sparkling wine & hor d’ouvres.
2. Cozy up by a fire, either at a bar or a luxury Chicago apartment building with a fireplace. Bucktown’s Remedy has half-off cocktails from 4-7PM and on Valentine’s Day, they’re ordering pizza from Marcello’s.
3. There’s still time to register for Cupid’s Undie Run in Wrigleyville on Saturday. The seemingly silly event is for a good cause, to raise funding and awareness for the Children’s Tumor Foundation, the world’s largest non-government organization dedicated to ending Neurofibromatosis. John Barleycorn is hosting and in the middle of the party, participants take to the street for a mile run. Learn more here.
4. Looking for something you didn’t know you wanted? The Midwest’s first traveling oyster bar is hosting a pop up social just in time for Valentine’s Day. If you’re a fan of whiskey and seafood, this is the event for you. Hosted at Lakeview’s Beef and Barley, each ticket will get you a flight from Koval Distillery paired with a complimenting flight of oysters- both raw and prepared. Tickets are $60 and still available for the Sunday evening time slot.
5. Try something new with a glassblowing workshop in River West. Ignite Glass Studio is hosting a date night, where couples will work alongside a professional artists to create a single glass heart of their own design. Keeping with the theme, there will also be sparkling wine and chocolate.
If you’re planning on moving in with your significant other this year, follow the link below for our advice about a smooth transition to cohabitation. And if you’re looking for a new home in Chicago this year, check out our 2017 Chicago Building Guide.
Search The Blog
The 7 Neighborhoods of Downtown Chicago
Our Expert Apartment Finding Tips Will Answer Your Toughest Questions
How to Estimate Utility Costs for Your Chicago Apartment
Follow Us on Social
YOUR INSIDE LOOK AT WHAT'S NEW ON IGView on Social
Average Square Footage of Downtown Chicago Apartments (and Other Stats): Fourth Quarter 2016
The numbers are in for the average square footage of downtown Chicago apartments, and other important statistics, for the fourth quarter of 2016. While […]
Essex on the Park South Loop Luxury Apartments Breaks Ground
Essex on the Park, located at 808 S. Michigan Avenue, off Grant Park and Lake Michigan, will feature 476 South Loop luxury apartments within […]
7 Helpful Facts About New Apartments In Chicago
From 2017 through 2020, there will be a record number of new apartments in Chicago. Having all the facts necessary to choose the right […]
Multifamily Consulting Group Offers Valuable Apartment Data
Luxury Living Chicago Realty announces the launch of a new consulting group, AMG Real Estate Advisors (AMG). Top Chicago apartment broker, Aaron Galvin, founded […]