We Love These River North Chicago Bars
River North, located in the Near North Side of Chicago, is a vibrant neighborhood boasting some of the city’s best dining and nightlife.
If you are looking for great energy and even better beverages, you can’t go wrong with the River North, Chicago bars.
Popular Spots to Get a Drink
While the list of River North bars is endless, we’ve narrowed down some of the best places in the neighborhood:
- Public House: With over 100 beers on tap, mouth-watering cocktails, and an impressive food menu, this gastropub and sports bar remains a hot spot for River North residents and visitors alike. Make sure you come with a sweet tooth because this bar’s insta-famous cake shakes are a must-try!
- Bub City: If you’re looking for a little piece of the South right here in the Midwest, this is the place to check out. Along with an extensive drink menu, featuring the best whiskey in the Chicago, bub city offers delicious BBQ, live country music, and southern charm.
- Green Door Tavern: This neighborhood bar is a River North staple, earning an impressive reputation as Chicago’s oldest surviving drinking establishment. With a rich history and charming interior, you can’t miss out on grabbing drinks at this iconic bar.
Cocktail Bars That are Perfect for Date Night
Finding a romantic spot for drinks is not difficult in River North. Here are a few of our favorite cocktail bars for the ideal date night:
- The Franklin Room: This proper city tavern provides the perfect setting for date night. With a strong focus on independent distillers and limited-edition rare releases, you can be sure to find a unique and delicious beverage.
- Berkshire Room: Treat your date to an impressive handcrafted beverage at this snazzy cocktail lounge located in the ACME hotel. The sleek interior and cozy setting create the perfect romantic ambiance.
- The Drifter: Right below Green Door Tavern you can find the last remaining, authentic 20s-era speakeasy in Chicago. Since prohibition, this tucked away bar has provided delicious drinks and unique bar experience. The drink menu changes daily and live music is performed weekly.
Breweries to Check Out
If a nice cold draft is what your taste buds crave, head on over to one of these breweries situated right in the heart of River North:
- Centennial Crafted Beer and Eatery: This chic, bi-level brewery offers great brews and delicious bites. With 56 taps and a selection of 36 rotating craft beers, your options are endless. Stop by during happy hour and enjoy a four dollar pint.
- Gino’s Brew Pub: If you’re looking for a cozy spot to enjoy a nice beer, this pub is a must. This intimate pub provides more than just an impressive selection of craft brews. After grabbing a drink, sit back and enjoy live local music artists and comedians.
- Bottled Blonde: It doesn’t get much better than pizzas and brews. This industrial pizzeria features an impressive beer garden, popular craft brew, and tasty pizza.
Next time you’re looking to indulge in a delicious adult beverage be sure to check out these top-rated River North, Chicago bars.
Try Our Favorite River North Chicago Restaurants
River North, one of Chicago’s most vibrant and lively neighborhood, is packed with some of the best dining, drinking, and nightlife. If you are […]
Spend a Day in the River North Gallery District in Chicago
Whether you consider yourself an art aficionado or completely new to the art scene, the River North Gallery District is a must-see for everyone. […]
What is River North in Chicago?
One of Chicago’s fastest growing neighborhoods, River North is north and east of the Chicago River branches, west of Michigan Avenue and south of Chicago […]
Things To Do in River North Chicago
In addition to one of the country’s highest density of art galleries, River North Chicago also offers an incredible amount and range of restaurants […]