Chicago 4th of July: Fireworks, Navy Pier, and Other Ways to Celebrate
While summer in Chicago has been officially underway for a while, many view the upcoming holiday weekend as our city’s big kick-off for the season. The 4th of July weekend in Chicago is one of the busiest, right up there with Lollapalooza and Taste of Chicago.
The fantastic fireworks displays are always a highlight of the holiday, so we’ve put together a few of the best places to watch a show:
- The Fireworks At Navy Pier – 600 E. Grand Ave @ 9:30 p.m.
- Reserve a spot at Freedom Fest and enjoy the DJ, BBQ, and cash bar for a wonderful view of the fireworks at Navy Pier
- Fireworks And Music In Evanston’s Dawes Park – Church Street & Clark Street, roughly @ 9:15 p.m.
- 3D Fireworks In Skokie – 5701 Oakton St., Skokie @ Dusk
- Unsanctioned Fireworks At Winnemac Park – 5101 N. Leavitt St. @ Sundown
If you’re planning on visiting Navy Pier, make sure to come early and be prepared for crowds. The Pier opens at 10 a.m. and officials expect to close the gates in the late afternoon, or whenever the space reaches capacity. Navy Pier has many new attractions to keep visitors busy, from the Centennial Wheel to new restaurants in the food court, like DMK Burger and Fish Bar’s latest location. Or get off land for the fireworks show and buy a ticket for a water cruise, many of which will allow access to Navy Pier even once the gates are closed.
There are plenty of other fun events this weekend, with many local restaurants offering patriotic specials. Be sure to check out:
- The Publican – Make your way to the west loop for the Publican’s barbecue from 10-2. Enjoy oysters, tri-tip, french toast, and soft shell crab. They are located in Fulton Market.
- Lottie’s – Lottie’s will be hosting a fundraiser for 1Fur1 Foundation to help service dogs. The different specials include $4 for two Chicago-style hot dogs, $4 Fireball shots and Sam Adams Summertime pints. Bring your dog for a special fro-yo treat they’ll love!
- Pinstripes – The Streeterville restaurant (435 E. Illinois) is taking reservations for a four-course dinner overlooking the Chicago River. The meal is $49 per person.
The Luxury Living Chicago team wishes everyone a safe and happy holiday weekend!
*Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2016 and has been updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Celebrate Father’s Day in Downtown Chicago
Father’s Day is just around the corner, have you made plans yet? From the best BBQ in the city, to spending the day by […]
Co-Living at L Offers Unique Logan Square Apartments Opportunity
Development of Logan Square apartments is booming, but only one property is offering co-living, an innovative extension of the growing sharing community. Individual rooms […]
Broker Round Table: 2950 N Sheridan Lakeview Apartments
The Broker Round Table Series focuses on a different luxury apartment property. Luxury Living Chicago Realty’s proficient team of brokers has 85 years of […]
Should I Rent or Buy in Chicago?
Chicago’s downtown housing market is undeniably booming; we have 33 new apartment buildings coming to Chicago in 2017. Not to mention the 6,400 units […]