Free Things to Do in Chicago This Summer
Are you living in Chicago on a budget? No problem. There are plenty of free things to do in Chicago during the summer.
We’re highlighting a few of our favorite, complimentary city activities.
Free Things To Do in Chicago
- Lincoln Park Zoo– If you’re a fan of wildlife, take a trip to this impressive zoo at no cost. Along with all your favorite animals, you can also admire a gorgeous skyline view of Chicago.
- Chicago Lakefront Trail– Walk, run, bike or rollerblade this scenic 18-mile paved path that follows the Lake Michigan shoreline on the city’s eastern edge trail. It’s a great way to get your body moving and soak up the Chicago skyline while doing so.
- The Beach– Visit one of the Chicago beaches located right along Lake Michigan. Spend the afternoon at Oak Street Beach if you’re looking for a beach near downtown or take your pup to Montrose Beach for a great pet-friendly option. Be sure to look into which beaches allow swimming if you feel like taking a dip.
- Chicago Riverwalk– Stroll along the infamous Riverwalk for a great way to admire all of the beautiful Chicago architecture. Along the way, you’ll find plenty of dining and drinking options.
- Millennium Park– This popular spot is definitely worth a visit if you haven’t yet been. Here you will find the “Bean”, one of Chicago’s most iconic public sculptures, along with plenty of other free activities and events. You can take a walk through Lurie Garden, rock climb at Maggie Daley Park, or enjoy a show at the Great Lawn.
- Hyde Park Art Center– Stop by the oldest alternative exhibition space in the city of Chicago at no cost. The art center is a hub for contemporary arts and features an array of incredible artists and creative works.
- Garfield Park Conservatory– Venture a few miles out of downtown Chicago to find one of the largest and most stunning botanical conservatories in the nation. This 184-acre park boasts a swimming pool, fishing lagoon, athletic fields, tennis courts and more.
- Summer Fireworks– Every Wednesday and Saturday nights from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend, Navy Pier hosts a dazzling free display of fireworks. Sit along the beach or find a nearby rooftop to enjoy the show!
If you’re looking to live near all the action, Luxury Living Chicago Realty can help you find an apartment near all the best summer activities. Connect with one of our experienced brokers to find your perfect home and enjoy all of the free things to do in Chicago!
Looking for more fun things to do in Chicago during the summer? Check out our complete guide to all the summer fun to be had in the city below!
Chicago Summer Bucketlist
There truly is nothing like a Chicago summer. From the exciting attractions to the fantastic outdoor space, you can always find something to do […]
Interested in a Convertible Apartment in Chicago? Look No Further
If you’re apartment hunting, it’s essential to find the option that best suits your needs. That involves finding the layout that works for you. […]
What is a High-Rise Apartment? Highlighting the Best High-Rises in Chicago
City living opens the door to more high-rise options. A quick glance at the iconic Chicago skyline and you’ll notice that the Windy City […]
New Building Highlight – Triangle Square
Triangle Square is a one-of-a-kind apartment community in the heart of Bucktown. These brand-new apartments boast modern, industrial design throughout with tremendous city views, […]