Things to Do While Hosting Friends in Wicker Park
If your friends are planning to visit Wicker Park, be sure to have an exciting itinerary lined up for your guests.
Here are a few of our favorite weekend options when hosting friends in Wicker Park:
- See a show– Enjoy some live entertainment while your friends are in town. Empty Bottle, Subterranean, and Double Door are cool smaller venues where you can check out talented local acts. For bigger names, check the lineup at Concord Music Hall.
- Shop the boutiques– While some may enjoy the high-end “Mag Mile”, the Wicker Park boutiques offer fun finds that you can’t get just anywhere. For unique fashion items, pop into Moon Voyage or Penelope’s. If you’re on the hunt for funky decor, shop Gather Home + Lifestyle or Moth.
- Enjoy a bite– Wicker Park is packed with trendy, and equally delicious spots to grab a bite. Share a meal with your friends at Umami Burger or Oiistar. During the summer, the Big Star patio is the place to hang.
- Grab a Drink– Spend a night out with your travelers and one of the many hip Wicker Park bars. Emporium, Whiskey Business, and the Violet Hour provide fun weekend or weeknight spots to unwind. The Cabana Room, located at the top of the Robey hotel, makes for a fun day time bar to enjoy a cocktail.
- Browse the art galleries– Whether you’ve got art aficionados coming into town, or you’re looking for a creative way to spend the cold season, check out the Wicker Park art galleries. Roots and Culture, Dreambox, and ARC Gallery all offer unique collections of local and international artwork.
- Hang in the park– While staying in Wicker Park, your visitors have to stop by the very place that inspired the neighborhood’s name. Wicker Park is more than just a green space amidst a concrete jungle. It’s a community gathering spot where people can sit back, unwind, and soak up the sun.
- Stop by the farmers market– While your guests are in town, the Wicker Park Farmers Market is a must. You and your buddies can enjoy fresh food, local vendors, and yoga. The outdoor market runs from the beginning of June through the end of October. During the first Saturday of every month from December through April, you can also enjoy all of the fun market festivities indoors from 10 am to 3 pm.
Make the most out of your friends’ visit, and be sure to take advantage of all the eclectic places and activities that Wicker Park has to offer!
Search The Blog
How to Estimate Utility Costs for Your Chicago Apartment
How Do Chicago Apartment Finders Get Paid?
The 7 Neighborhoods of Downtown Chicago
Follow Us on Social
YOUR INSIDE LOOK AT WHAT'S NEW ON IGView on Social
A Guide to Chicago’s Wicker Park and Bucktown Neighborhoods
Your Guide to Chicago’s Wicker Park and Bucktown Neighborhoods With over 10 years of experience helping our clients find the perfect apartment or home […]
Grocery Stores in Lincoln Park
When beginning an apartment search in Lincoln Park, most clients ask the same questions. Is there a washer/dryer in-unit, hardwood floors, closet space, fitness […]
What You Can Get for $2,000 Monthly Rent in Old Town, Chicago
Old Town remains a coveted neighborhood as one of the city’s most charming spots to live. Here’s what you need to know if you’re […]
Do I Really Need a Car in Downtown Chicago?
Immediately after accepting a job, I began making plans for moving to Chicago. The first step of the process was selling my car. My parents […]