A highly sought-after view of Chicago is the city skyline. There’s something about the sprawling city with the expansive Lake Michigan in the backdrop that never ceases to disappoint.
The key to the perfect Chicago skyline view is finding the best viewpoints. The Luxury Living team has compiled a list of some of the best places to see incredible skyline views.
Best Chicago Skyline Views
- Adler Planetarium – Known as America’s first planetarium, Adler offers amazing night sky views inside, along with breathtaking northwest views of the Chicago skyline outside.
- Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier – Not only is this Centennial Wheel an iconic part of the Chicago skyline, but it also offers a fantastic way to experience phenomenal views of the rest of the city. Be sure to catch a ride on the Ferris Wheel during sunset or Navy Pier firework shows.
- 360Chicago Observation Deck – Located 1,000 feet above the Magnificent Mile in the iconic John Hancock Building, this observatory offers breathtaking 360-degree views of the Windy City. Experience the panoramic views from tilting glass or grab a drink at Bar 94, Chicago’s highest bar.
- The Cloud Gate – This infamous sculpture, commonly referred to as the “the bean,” serves as the centerpiece for the AT&T Plaza at Millenium Park. The massive art piece reflects the famous Chicago skyline and surrounding green space. It makes a great spot for a photo op.
- The J. Parker – This rooftop bar and restaurant located on the edge of Old Town and Lincoln Park and on top of Hotel Lincoln offers killer views. Because it’s a few miles north of the downtown “Loop,” you can catch awesome sights of the city, water, and surrounding northern Chicago neighborhoods. All of the walls and ceilings are made out of transparent glass for impressive views in every direction.
Not only do public Chicago attractions offer worthwhile skyline views, but so do many of our luxury apartments. Here are just a few of the units that provide competitive sights of the Windy City:
- 727 W Madison – This 492-unit West Loop skyscraper claims the title as Chicago’s tallest building west of the Kennedy Expressway. Embrace sweeping city views from a luxury unit or from the large sun terrace with a pool, spa, cabanas, and grilling station.
- Essex on the Park – After nearly two years of construction, this impressive 56-story high-rise is finally open to provide residents with an unbeatable lakefront view and living experience. This new South Loop high rise features a dramatic four-story winter garden with an indoor pool overlooking Grant Park.
- Aurelien – For an urban living experience with true city views, look no further than these Gold Coast apartments. The resort-like sun deck and expansive green roof offer luxury amenities and incredible sights of downtown Chicago.
If you’re looking to move to a luxury apartment with a view, LLCR can help. We have an eager and experienced team of brokers who can help you find the perfect home, complete with Chicago skyline views.
Looking for more stunning views of the Chicago river and Lake Michigan? Check out our guide below!